(SYNthesis of OPtical SYStems)
● The fastest lens optimization algorithm: With its powerful PSD algorithm, SYNOPSYS can do in one second a job that takes other programs more than an hour. Click here for an example.
● Automatic design search (DSEARCH) helps you explore the design space and reach realistic design starting points quickly.
● Unique tools for zoom lens design:
● Powerful zoom lens design search tool (ZSEARCH) helps you kick-start complex zoom lens designs.
● ZoomSlider allows you to continuously examine your system in the complete zoom range; not just the few snapshots at the design zoom positions.
● Innovative CAM curve helps you define lens group zoom positions within the complete zoom range with a small number of zoom positions; reduces time and complexity in the design process.
● Versatile graphical interface:
● SketchPad™: it is not just a visualization tool for the lens design and its image evaluation characteristics (for example, ray fans, OPD,…) ; but also an interactive platform where you can insert, delete, split, or cement elements with just one click right there in the graphics where you want it to happen.
● Change lens parameters and watch the effects real time with Sliders in the WorkSheet™ windows.
• Automatic tolerance budget generation and Monte-Carlo verification; tolerance desensitization with system optimization; test-plate matching; element drawings with tolerances
• Automatic Ray Failure Fix in not-so-perfect starting lens – helps you get started quickly
• Find optimal STOP locations for you
• Partial coherence analysis
• Easily correct ghosts and IR system narcissus with optimization
• Five coordinate systems to choose from; can tilt, shift, and fold elements easily in complex systems, without “coordinate break”
Click here for more information about SYNOPSYS™. (Allow a few minutes for this page to load. It contains many graphics examples.)